acroprint FACEVERIFY facial recognition time clock
Price and rank updated 04/19/2021
Acroprints offers one of the most popular face recognition time clock systems.
The FaceVerify combines their successful TimeQplus network software (PC only) with an Acroprint branded, ZK Technology face recognition terminal. A nice system in our view.
Face recognition terminals have the distinct advantage of being clean. There's nothing the employee needs to touch, and there's nothing to wear out.
It works by first registering each of your employee's faces. It creates a mathematical measurement of each face, a "template", not a photograph. When someone faces the device, it finds the matching template to clock them in.
Is it legal?
Yes, but like all biometric systems we highly recommend you get employee consent before using the system. Have each of them sign a consent form that explains the process. Please consult with an attorney if there are any regulations in your state.
What comes in the package?
- (1) TQ600F facial recognition terminal
- (1) TimeQplus Network software license for 100 employees (Upgradable) (PC only)
- (1) User manual
- Mounting hardware
- Free 30 days support
- 2-year warranty
Who is it best for?
Companies wanting a fast, clean, easy way for employees to clock in. Typically best in office (or hospital) environments as the device requires a well lighted area to scan properly.
How do employees clock in?
Employees face the dual cameras in front of the device. When the punch is successful, it plays an audio confirmation.
How does it help prepare payroll?
The TimeQplus PC software will summarize all employee hours. It will also lets you export data formatted for several payroll types such as QuickBooks, ADP, and PayChex.
What are the features?
- Tracks work codes for job costing
- Two classes of overtime plus 7th day overtime.
- Weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly pay periods.
- Up to 12 shifts or work groups, each with their own start/stop times and configurable shift rules.
- Three user permission levels for enhanced security: administrator, supervisor and employee.
- Software interface and terminals configurable in your choice of English, Spanish or French.
- Displays hours worked and in/out status on terminal when employee clocks in or out.
- Calculates, displays and prints a range of reports to help you proactively manage labor costs.
- Average Hours Worked report supports ACA reporting requirements.
- Includes an electronic In/Out board.
- Supervisors can easily review, edit and approve time for their assigned employees at the PC.
What do they charge for support?
Acroprint offers free 30-day support for new TimeQplus software purchases. However after 30 days, they will charge you. Just so there are no surprises, here are the two options Acroprint gives for FaceVerify support. We always recommend purchasing the support agreement, unless you are confident you don't need it.
- $75.00 per incident per ½ hour
- $169.00/year annual support. Includes unlimited support, and free upgrades
Introduction to FaceVerify
The Acroprint FaceVerify is a great choice for a PC-based, facial recognition system. It includes a good quality terminal, with proven PC software with free 30-day support.
Best used for office or hospital locations wanting a fast, clean way for employees to clock in.
- Facial recognition. Fast, easy, clean, and secure
- No monthly payments for software
- Proven software that covers most situations
- Requires special networking for multiple locations
- High support charges