amano MTX-30F fingerprint time clockView on Amazon
Price and rank updated 01/16/2021
Amano's complete fingerprint time clock system.
The MTX-30F biometric time clock system combines Amano's successful Time Guardian software (PC only) with the Amano MTX-30F fingerprint terminal.
Fingerprint terminals are the most popular biometric devices in the US. Employees simply touch a sensor withe their finger. No badges or PIN numbers required.
It works by first registering a fingerprint from each employee. It creates a mathematical measurement of the fingerprint, a "template", not the fingerprint itself. When someone touches the sensor, it finds the matching template to clock them in.
Is it legal?
Yes, but like all biometric systems we highly recommend you get employee consent before using the system. Have each of them sign a consent form that explains the process. Please consult with an attorney if there are any regulations in your state.
What comes in the package?
- MTX-30F fingerprint terminal
- Time Guardian software license for 100 employees (PC only)
- User manual
- AC power supply
- Mounting hardware
- Free 30 days support
- 1-year warranty
Who is it best for?
Companies wanting a fast, easy way for employees to clock in. Typically best in office environments as the device requires clean fingers.
How do employees clock in?
Employees place their registered finger on the sensor. When the punch is successful, it plays an audio confirmation.
How does it help prepare payroll?
The Time Guardian PC software will summarize all employee hours. It will also lets you export data formatted for several payroll types such as QuickBooks, ADP, and PayChex.
What are the features?
- Capable of transferring punches via USB thumb drive / Plug and play installation Wizard / Total hours for 100 employee / Interface ADP, QuickBooks, Paychex, Peachtree and more
- Weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly pay periods / Automatic data polling and time synchronization / Ability to round totals to meet company policy / Unlimited number of departments, pay policies, schedules,and holidays
- Tracks and reports wages, tips and bonuses / Signal relay for ringing bells / Ethernet or direct communications, 50’ USB cable provided
- Eliminates manual calculation errors / Eliminates costly time cards / Easy and efficient way to manage your workforce / Reduces payroll management time
- Optional: Additional Terminals / Multi-User upgradeable (2 Users included) / Expandable Modules / Available Web Interface Module provides web access forpopular functions such as schedule and time card management
What do they charge for support?
Amano offers free 30-day support for new Time Guardian software purchases. However after 30 days, they will charge you. The base price is $149/year for 2 admin users, and goes up depending on how many admins there are.
Amano MTX-30 Series with Time Guardian
The Amano MTX-30F biometric is a good choice if you want a fingerprint time clock with no monthly fees. It includes a good quality terminal, with proven PC software with free 30-day support.
Best used for clean, dry locations needing biometric time and attendance.
- Fingerprint terminal. Fast, easy, and secure
- No monthly payments for software
- Proven software that covers most situations
- Requires special networking for multiple locations
- Annual support charges