lathem 100E side print time clock
Price and rank updated 08/06/2022
It may be smaller, but Lathem's lower cost, multi-use time stamp is mighty. It does everything it's big brother the Lathem 1600E does, but without the True-Align time card option, and lighted guide.
The 100E is a nicely designed, side-printing, multi-use machine, that can be used both as a time clock and document stamp. It also has a smaller footprint. Only 6.25 inches wide x 5.25 inches high.
If you are not familiar, this type of clock prints by inserting a card or document in its side slot. A window helps you align the document before it's printed.
For example, a typical weekly time card will have 4 rows for each day. The employee aligns the card to print on the correct row each time they punch.
Customers tend to choose this kind of clock for its versatility. Tracking time, time stamping documents, or even job costing. It accepts any standard size time card.
The 100E is very easy to use, can be used with unlimited employees (within reason) and works with any pay period.
The package comes with everything except time cards.
- (1) Lathem 100E time clock
- (1) ribbon cartridge
- (2) metal case keys
Be aware the 100E does not calculate or total the hours on the time card. For that, you'll need to look at calculating time clocks instead.
And like most electronics these days, the 100E is manufactured in Asia... which helps keep pricing really low. But if it matters to you, Amano still manufactures their clocks here in the US.
Who is it best for?
Companies with less than 50 employees, or offices that need a lower volume time stamp. We recommend using it in dust-free environments.
How do employees clock in?
If used as a time clock, employees first insert their time card in the side slot, once fully inserted the clock will automatically print on their card as shown below.
How does it help prepare payroll?
Again, the 100E does not calculate hours. You'll have to add the hours manually. With just a few employees, that may be okay.
What are the features?
- Multi-use. Can be used as both a time clock and document stamp with adjustable print positions.
- Automatic time adjustment for daylight savings, and year changes.
- Has a small set of preset messages such as PAID and RCVD, that can be printed in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
- Can be placed on a desktop or mounted to a wall. Includes all necessary hardware.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
The Lathem 100E is a good choice if you're looking for a more affordable side-printing time clock. Having a smaller package can also be a bonus. It includes features to get the job done, and is offered by Lathem Time, a 100 year old company.
Best used if you're on a budget, need a versatile time stamp, and have a dust-free environment.
- Does not require special time cards. Use any standard card.
- Smaller than most clocks in its class
- Automatically adjust for daylight savings
- 1 year warranty
- Average support
- Does not calculate or total hours on timecard
- Requires timecards and ribbon cartridge