compumatic XLS BIO fingerprint time clock system
Price and rank updated 05/11/2021
A best selling PC software-based, fingerprint time clock system.
The Compumatic XLS Bio combines their CompuTime101 software (PC only) with a ZK Technology Wi-Fi fingerprint terminal. This offering comes with a software license for 25 employees, but is upgradable is you have more.
The fingerprint technology used is very popular for eliminating buddy punching here in the US. Employees simply touch a sensor with their finger. No badges or PIN numbers required.
It works by first registering a fingerprint from each employee. It creates a mathematical measurement of the fingerprint, a "template", not the fingerprint itself. When someone touches the sensor, it finds the matching template to clock them in.
Is it legal?
Yes, but like all biometric systems we highly recommend you get employee consent before using the system. Have each of them sign a consent form that explains the process. Please consult with an attorney if there are any regulations in your state.
What comes in the package?
- XLS Bio v2 time clock terminal
- CompuTime101 software for 25 employees (Upgradable) (PC only)
- 6ft ethernet cable
- AC power supply
- Mounting hardware
- Quick setup guide
- Free 90 days support
- One-year warranty
Who is it best for?
Companies wanting a fingerprint time clock system without monthly fees. Must have a PC computer to install and run software. The finger scanner works best in cleaner environments.
How do employees clock in?
Employees place their registered finger on the sensor. When the punch is successful, it plays an audio confirmation.
How does it help prepare payroll?
The CompuTime101 PC software will summarize all employee hours. It will also lets you export data formatted for several payroll types such as QuickBooks, ADP, and PayChex.
What are the hardware features?
- One touch fingerprint verification, or allow pin+password on a per employee basis
- Industry leading fingerprint recognition, fast and accurate, supports up to 10 fingers enrolled per employee
- Built in battery backup protects data in memory (including punches and employees) in the event of power loss
- High capacity punch memory stores up to 50000 transactions between downloads
- Constant computer connection is not required
- 3000 fingerprint template capacity
- Wired and wireless TCP/IP communication and USB drive download (usb drive sold separately)
- Built-in relay can trigger an external bell or buzzer (sold separately) or unlock a magnetic door lock
- Password protection for both hardware & software prevents tampering
- Wifi capable
What are the software features?
- 25 employee capacity standard (upgrade at any time to 50, 100, 250, or unlimited)
- Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, Monthly pay periods supported
- Unlimited punches per day
- Unlimited departments
- Overtime calculation available by day or week
- Add benefit hours such as sick, vacation, personal, etc… or add your own custom hour types
- Gross wage calculations
- Shift rule available with the following settings:
- In and out revision zones to control unauthorized overtime
- Punch rounding
- Automatic lunch deduction
CompuTime101 Employee List
CompuTime101 Punch Preview
What does Compumatic charge for support?
Compumatic offers free 90-day support for new CompuTime101 software purchases. However after 90 days, they will charge you. We always recommend purchasing the support agreement, unless you are confident you don't need it.
$149.00/year annual support. Includes unlimited support. Or pay $79 per incident. Compumatic is reasonable, if it's a simple question they may not charge you.
A support plan that is purchased with a new system starts after the end of the free 90 day support period. A support plan that is purchased while an existing support plan is in effect will start at the expiration of the existing support plan.
The Compumatic XLS Bio is a good choice if you want a fingerprint time clock with no monthly fees. It includes a good quality terminal, with proven PC software with a generous free 90-day support.
Best used for clean, dry locations needing biometric time and attendance.
- WiFi capable
- Fingerprint terminal. Fast, easy, and secure
- No monthly payments for software
- Proven software that covers most situations
- Requires special networking for multiple locations
- Annual support fees, but not required