lathem 2100HD heavy-duty time clockView on Amazon
Price, rank, and reviews updated 11/28/2020
Lathem knows a thing or two about time clocks, especially the kind found in warehouses and factories across America. They've been in business over 100 years, and their model 2100HD keeps that tradition alive.
Lathem will even admit the these types of clocks will eventually be replaced, but for now there are still plenty of people around who still want to use them.
If your not familiar with their older mechanical time clocks, they worked well in harsh environments with their metal cases and metal typewheel stamps. The downsides included a loud "ka chunk" sound, constant time/date adjustments, and messy ribbon replacements.
This clock solves those issues.
You might find it interesting that people tend to purchase these clocks because they don't want something computerized. Not just because they're heavy duty. They just want something simple.
Well, the 2100HD is certainly simple. It is also easy to use, can be used by any number of employees, and works with any pay period.
Here's what comes in the package
- (1) Lathem 2100HD time clock
- (25) Lathem E8 time cards
- (2) metal case keys
- Users guide
Be aware the 2100HD does not calculate or total the hours on the time card. For that, you'll need to look at calculating time clocks instead.
The 2100HD is assembled in the United States using imported parts.
Who is it best for?
Employers with harsh environments. Warehouses, factories, machines shops, or anywhere as long as there's access to AC power, and the desire for simplicity.
How do employees clock in?
This part is still a little old school. Employees insert a special time card in the front slot, and align it with the center light until it turns green. The clock with automatically prints using a patented thermal printer.
How does it help prepare payroll?
Again, the 2100HD does not calculate hours. You'll have to add the hours manually. With just a few employees, that's okay. With a lot, it will take some time.
What are the features?
- Patented WhisperPrint technology eliminates the need for ribbon. Making it virtually maintenance-free
- True-Align printing system with LED indicator helps prevent overprint errors.
- SmartClock technology automatically adjust for daylight savings and leap years. It also retains time, date and settings during power outages.
- Automatic print activation when aligning card.
- Made with heavy duty steel and ABS construction to withstand high volume and harsh environments.
- Can be placed on a desktop or mounted to a wall. Includes all necessary hardware.
The Lathem 2100HD is a great choice if you're looking for a heavy duty time clock. It gets the job done, and has features that elimiate the problems found on old mechanical time clocks.
Best used in harsh environments, and if you prefer something simple.
- Works well in harsh environments
- Quiet operation. Uses patented thermal printing
- True-Align helps prevent overprinting
- Automatically adjust for daylight savings, and leap years
- Made from heavy duty steel and ABS
- Eliminates the need for replacement ribbons
- Does not calculate or total hours on timecard
- Requires Lathem's special thermal-sensitive time cards